How To Apply For Cuba Bilateral Scholarship Program
Cuban scholarships are among the most difficult to come across. They are the only handful of chosen scholarship providers admitted to Cuba. The principal purpose of these programs is to allow students to participate in areas that others do not have the opportunity to experience.
In light of this, Cuban governments, universities and institutions offer Cuba scholarships to students from abroad as well as national those who reside in Cuba generally.
These scholarships are created to support and encourage students financially to pursue their academic objectives.
Cuba fully-funded scholarships
- Students are enrolled at the University of Havana, which is the capital of Cuba. Cuban government provides merit-based scholarships and a diversity scholarship to both Cuban college students and international students. The scholarship is available in contests, competitions and fully-funded scholarships. They also offer tuition waivers as well as grants, fellowships and internships.
- ILMA Essay Scholarship for North American Students
Many of these scholarships start their applications online. Ensure that you check back frequently to know the exact dates for applying and pertinent information. You can also drop us an email, and we’ll assist you in finding the right scholarships.
Cuba Bilateral Scholarship Program or the Cuba Bilateral Scholarship Program, also known as the Cuba-Jamaica Bilateral Scholarship Program, is an annual scholarship program administered through the Finance Ministry’s Training and Scholarship Unit.
Cuba’s bilateral scholarship program is open to Jamaican nationals who are planning to pursue studies in nursing and medical sciences in the neighbouring nation of Cuba. This Cuba reciprocal scholarship is an exchange student program that is bilateral, in which Cuban nationals can pursue their studies at leading institutions in Jamaica.
Cuba bilateral scholarships are available to 9 (9) selected students every year.
The Government of Cuba invites applications from interested individuals who wish to pursue undergrad and postgraduate studies in Cuba under the bilateral scholarship program in September each year.
Cuba bilateral Scholarship Disciplines:
- Undergraduate: Four (4) distinctions in Medicine and; one (1) prize in Stomatology.
- Postgraduate Studies Postgraduate Studies (2) distinctions for Internal Medicine and Hygiene Epidemiology.
- Masters of Science degree with a focus on Health Science: One (1) prize for Medical Imaging and Radiation Physics
Cuba’s two-way scholarship program Eligibility requirements:
Candidates for undergraduates
- Be Jamaicans younger than 25 years old.
- You must have at minimum 2 (2) “A” Levels or CAPE Units I and II of Biology and Chemistry.
- Have English at a minimum CXC grade
- Submit certified copies of academic transcripts and academic certificates.
- Submit a certified copy Birth Certificate
- Submit certified copies of the pages of the passport of your national.
- (Passport is not due to expire before April 30, 2020.)
- Send one (1) passport-sized photograph
Candidates for Postgraduate:
- Be Jamaicans younger than 35.
- You must have a degree in General Medicine and be keen on specializing in the areas listed.
- Submit certified copies of transcripts and academic awards.
- Send a certified copy of the Birth Certificate.
- Send one (1) passport-sized photograph
- Submit a certified copy of the pages of the passport of your national.
- (Passport will not expire until April 30, 2020.)
Cuba Scholarship Program Benefits:
- A monthly allowance
- Clothing allowance
- Study materials
- Medical Care
Obligations for the Cuba bilateral Scholarship recipients:
- Successful candidates are required to :
- You must pay for their flights to and to and Cuba.
- Add to the monthly allowance.
- You must sign a contract that allows you to return to work in Jamaica for a minimum of five (5) years to aid in social and economic development.
Get the Facts: Cuba/Jamaica Bilateral Scholarship Programme
The Cuba Medical Scholarship Programme is managed through the Embassy of the Republic of Cuba together and the Scholarships and Assistance Unit in the Ministry of Finance and Planning.
Through the program, Jamaican students may apply for the opportunity to pursue studies in Cuba to pursue the award of a B.Sc. (Bachelor of Science) within the following areas:
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Physical Education
HTML0The initial year of the 4-year program will be devoted to studying Spanish. Spanish language.
The scholarship is for
- Tuition and Accommodation
- Meals and Clothing
- Study Materials and Medical Care
The program is advertised between March and April every year for classes that begin in September.
The form that must be filled out to be eligible for the 2017/2018 scholarship is available on the internet or by visiting the Ministry of Finance office address below. After you have completed the form, print and sign the forms, which must be returned to: